Set up email using the iOS 10 Mail app
Applies To: Outlook 2016 Office 2016 Outlook 2013 Office for business
Set up your email in the iPhone or iPad Mail app
Set up Exchange email account in the iOS Mail app
- Go to your device’s Settings, scroll down to Mail, tap Accounts >Add Account.
NOTE: If you have not updated to iOS 10, go to your device’s Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter your Exchange email address, your password, and a description of your account. Then tap Next.
NOTE: If you aren’t sure what your Exchange email address or password is. Contact your organization’s administrator.
- If you’re prompted to enter additional server settings, contact your email provider for details or ask your admin. You can also see POP and IMAP settings for Office 365 for Business and go to the section titled “POP and IMAP settings for Exchange-based email” for helpful tips.
NOTE: If using IMAP or POP to sync your email account, only your email will sync. Calendar and contacts will not.
- Outlook may request certain permissions. To agree, tap Yes. Then choose the apps you want your email account to sync with your iOS device and tap Save.
NOTE: If you’re prompted to create a passcode, tap Continue and type a numeric passcode. If you’re prompted and don’t set up a passcode, you can’t view this account on your device. But you can set up a passcode later in your settings.
- Your email account is now ready for use with the iOS Mail app!