Setting up a New User
What do we need from you?
Setting up a new user can take some time and the information we need is important for getting this done as quickly as possible.
- Notify Ion Networking 4 or 5 days before employee starts
- Send Ion info on employee
- Full Name
- Day, they will start
- What you want their login to be on the network (example: First name, Last name, or first initial last name)
- What you want their email to be (example: Firstname@(YourCompanyName) .com/org/net, Lastname@(YourCompanyName).com/org/net, or firstinitiallastname@(YourCompanyName).com/org/net
- Do they need spam filtering?
- Do they need email encryption?
- Password for both email and network (we do not store these passwords)
- What they will need access too. Examples:
- VPN (remote access from home)
- Terminal server (If you have a server that everyone remotes into from outside)
- OneDrive /dropbox
- Install of office 2016 /office 365
- Mapped drives (Shares that they need to connect to)
- What Printers do they need to be connected to?
- Do you want them to have local admin rights to their PC (full control of their pc to change or add anything they want)?
- Do we need to setup any equipment for this new employee, if so what?
- PC /Laptop
- Monitors / how many
- Battery backup
- Wireless Keyboard and Mouse